Learn Ruby on Rails Reactivity by Example
☝️ Pre-Release - Introductory Pricing! Chapters 1-4 are ✅, 5 coming later 2022 - free updates for all customers.
CableReady aka "The Missing ActionCable Standard Library" is the hidden champ powering the most reactive Ruby on Rails apps. Its strength lies in hiding away a lot of complexity by allowing the straightforward development of utility libraries touching overarching concepts such as lazy loading, presence, notifications, and many more.
By introducing and evaluating the author's approach to API design, this eBook teaches you to integrate CableReady into your application from a library author's perspective.
Disclaimer: This eBook is targeted at modestly experienced CableReady users, it is not a beginner's guide!
If you are instead interested in examples and tutorials on when and how to use the libraries touched upon by the book, here are some resources:
- Tooltips with Futurism (blog post)
- Typing Indicators with Cubism (blog post)
- Using CableReady::Updatable to power RailsReviews.com
Table of Contents
- Batteries Included, Delightful Reactivity - Dissecting CableReady::Updatable
- Lazy Loading - Dissecting Futurism
- Presence - Dissecting Cubism
- Building a Noticed Browser Native Notification
more to come:
- Building Interference - A Progress/Busy Abstraction
Advanced CableReady eBook in two formats: PDF, EPUB